Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fourth Semester

Well, it appears as if I haven't written on my blog in over two months….one month that was very busy and one that was not. The last time I wrote was during the first week of November and a tremendous amount has happened since then. First of all, we finished the 3rd block of last semester, Cardio & Respiratory, and then took Mini III. Soon thereafter, we took our Clinical Skills & Competencies exam and then about a week later we took our Final Exam of the semester. Even though I was able to sum up the rest of Semester 3 in a few short sentences, that in no way reflects how much studying and effort it took to get through those last few grueling weeks. Nonetheless, I made it and was rewarded with a month-long winter vacation.

And wouldn't you know it, the trip from Dominica to Orlando this past break was the first time here at Ross making it home with no travel delays or missed flights. Someone was looking down on me that day! Once again, it's tough to do much on break besides enjoy the complete relaxation. I always go home with the mindset of doing some studying, but it typically never happens. Nevertheless, it feels good to come back to the island for 4th Semester rejuvenated and looking forward to starting my last semester here. Our first block this semester is Nervous System & Endocrine System. It should be very interesting learning all of the pathological and physiological abnormalities that go along with these systems.

The schedule for this semester is a little different than past semesters. In the past, we usually only had 4 hours of lecture a day 5 days a week, but this semester consists of 8 hours of lecture per day 3 days a week. This may cause some sort of change in my current study habits, but we will see. The other  two days of the week are filled with Clinical Skills & Competency activities. This Tuesday is my first planned activity and I will be spending the day completing a rotation at Princess Margaret Hospital near Roseau. I don't have too many details about what I will be doing yet, but I'm sure I'll have some things to talk about in the next blog. I'm glad to be back in Dominica and back on my blog once again! See you next week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6tlZzkqfHw

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for describing life in Dominica as a student. I wished I had found your blog earlier. Pls keep us posted of your journey and best wished for your success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best wished for your success.http://www.afu.ac.ae/en/refund-policy/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the invite button appears to come and go at random. Strangely, it does not always happen. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete